I/O with the SSC-32U

I currently have the SSC_32U board, and the servo sequencer software. I can control the servo motion nicely, but I want to coordinate with some input/output. IE: IF sensor 1 = “whatever” run sequence A, else run sequence B. Is it possible to do this with the sequencer utility, or would a person have to go to hard coding, or would a person have to connect with an arduino of some kind to accomplish this?

Hi,

The free servo sequencer program RB-Dsp-07] does not allow for branching at this time. There will probably not be such an update to this software as it is meant for a basic introduction to using the SSC-32U and creating sequences.

The SSC-32U does have digital and analog input pins that can be used to detect external events. You can read more about those in the SSC-32U manual (pages 33-34).
Please note that these inputs are completely passive and meant to be used with devices that return digital or analog signals on their own, such as typical analog IR range sensors, sonars, switches & buttons.

To create sequences with branching you have a few options available. Here are two possible solutions:

1. Use FlowBotics Studio Rb-Dsp-06] to modify the sequencer app to add branching options based on signal inputs from the SSC-32U (or other devices connected to the computer, if needed). Please note that this would not be trivial to implement.
    FlowBotics Studio is the graphical programming environment that was used to create the free sequencer utility. You can purchase FlowBotics Studio here.

2. Use a programming language to create your own sequencing with branching. We offer some example code in VB.NET controlling the SSC-32U here.
    You can read more about the commands on pages 24-26 of the SSC-32U manual.

3. A microcontroller can be used to read the inputs (either through the SSC-32U or directly) and direct the SSC-32U to perform certain servomotor movements.

Sincerely,