I need you as a sponsor!

Spark Fun, Trossen robotics, RobotShop, Dagu and so on! I need you as a sponsor! A sponsor for my Google Lunar X Prize team. No money, just parts, what you want, whenever you want to support our students activities. In return you get credits, credits on the Google Lunar X Prize site, our web site, videos. Contact me at teamATseleneteamDOTcom.

Thanks!

Special credit to Chris who is begging for parts and money here and inspired me :D

Going to these companies

Going to these companies directly usually helps, along with having a plan/idea of what you want to do and what is required…just sayin gyou need parts doesn’t usually get you anything other than a big question of what you are really thinking…

TIC…

TIC…

Sparkfun has a banner on top

Sparkfun has a banner on top of some pages “Tell us about your project” Fill it up and ask for sponsoring.

Do you have a link? Don’t

Do you have a link? Don’t find it.

Thanks!

http://www.sparkfun.com/comme

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/project_call.php

How would this work?

Hi Markus,

How would random parts donation help?  Wouldn’t it be better to ask for items from a list of parts instead?  A list of parts that includes several alternate designs would also work well.  That would show me that you have a chance of building something that works.

Also, if you’re working with COTS Sparkfun parts for a lunar environment, I saw an interesting paper that suggested that building redundant logic would allow for error checking to cope with increased error rates due to cosmic radiation.  If you have two Arduinos interpreting sensor data, and they agree (they could talk to each other and check their answers) then there was no error, but if they disagree, the calculation is repeated.  Space-qualified hardware has to cope with the high-radiation environment – I think your radiation research (e.g. with alpha/beta/gamma emitters) makes you uniquely qualified to test this sort of system!  Alpha/beta/gamma radiation might cause random errors that can be used to test your error-checking system.

I like your work with the Geiger counter and rockets and I’d love to see your team field something.  However, I’d prefer that your request be something specific that LMR is especially able to provide.  For example, developing a sensor or algorithm, donating hardware that is diffficult to procure in China (but still legal for us to send), or even sending a gift card for a particular supplier like Sparkfun.

Thanks,

-John

Hi John,Ok, to be more

Hi John,

Ok, to be more specific, I tell you are short story. My wife, a Chinese, studied computer science. The first 6 semester they only learned from books, till the students sat the first time in front of a computer…

One of our outreach programs is education. I want to promote that students here start to experiment with real hardware. Therefore everything starting to build robots can be helpful…Picaxe, Arduino, servos, geared motors, platforms, wheels, sensors, soldering irons, tools…

PS: I read the paper with increased error rates due to cosmic radiation too and had a similar idea:)