I need help with the Lynxmotion BRAT

I am a school student, and my classmate and I are constructing the Lynxmotion Bipedal BRAT. We are using the Botboarduino, and the programing for PS2 controls with Arduino. We followed the directions given to the best of our abilities, but it won’t work. My biggest concerns/questions I have are-

1. Does it matter which servo’s are used for the joints?
  2. What is the best way to make sure the board isn’t broken, and how?(May you could give me a line of code).
  3. Do you know of any good tutorial videos? I searched so much, but I can’t find any.
  1. Yes, the type of servos you use for the BRAT do indeed matter. You should use Hitec’s 422 or 645MG servos.
  2. Check that the BotBoarduino can be programmed normally (Blink LED sample code for example). A common error is that the PS2 library is not installed on the computer. A second common mistake is incorrectly connecting the PS2 receiver. Check that the battery is charged and properly connected, that the jumpers on the BotBoarduino are correct based on the image in step 2 below.
  3. We’re only aware of the Lynx guide: http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/html/build155b.htm
    There’s sample code provided on that page on step 3. You need to press the Start button to active the robot.

Note that not all PS2 receivers and transmitters are created equally; some need a level shifter while others might not work at all. If you purchased a Lynxmotion PS2 transmitter and receiver, can you indicate which?

Last, when you say “it won’t work” - which step are you at and what doesn’t happen? Need lots and lots of details and clear photos.