I need help with finding a DC motor for my requirements

Ehh… sorry the ready formut doesn’t fit me very well, but I’ll do my best to describe as much and precise as possible!
First, hi! new to this thingy… actually new to robotics I’m mostly specialized in Production Processes (CNC, and so on)
I’m a student currently studying engineering (pre-engineering to be more precise…)
And I got a problematic project, I have to make a robot to lift 1.5KG of mass, at length of at most 700mm and to not weight more than 5 kgs as it is to be carried by an animal (sounds absurd I know)… for some secret reasons I can not tell precisely the use of this project… (sry :frowning: )
now, I made a basic prototype in Solidworks about how I want it to look. .basic assembly made of parts which are not connected by bolts or anything yet… I need a motor to lift it all (at the base) and by my calculations it will need a moment at least for 15Nm (15,000Nmm or known as mNm)
I’ve searched there and there. .and found nothing (as I said, new to robotics) probably I need geared DC motor… but still nothing at best I found one such motor but it weights 2.5kg… and that is way above what I can allow myself…
so, i would like any possible help to find a motor, with gears to lift such a moment… the rotation speed doesn’t matter, it should be decent (2sec for 90 degrees? idk)…
anyway, that’s basically what I need as I’m stuck with the project until I find such a motor. thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
approximate weight of the robot without motors is about 1100 grams, metal is AA-2024 T6 alloy

three words for you: center of mass

For the size and weight I can understand how its hard to find a such motor.
Have you thought about making it a sort of wormgear actuator instead? It will take up a bit of space but surely you can manage to compact it, so that it fits into the frame when the arm us down.
In config as a geared brushless motor that should be a decent setup i think.

You will need a sturdy harness though :grin: thats quite an amount of forces at the base

1 Like

For such Weight and Size it is difficult to trace such a motor.

Thanks, topic is irrelevant now. Luckily I found the needed motor