I have some questions

I want to buy lynxmotion parts Model Number: BBH-01, Model Number: LPAGS-01.
These are the ball bearing hub kit and sprocket.

What I want to do is add the sprocket on top of the BBH-01 ball bearing hub, and secure the BBH-01 hub to something. So the ball bearing hub rotates which then rotates the sprocket on it: I want to join two of these and then I will join them together using a chain.

Questions:

Question one.) Do I fit BBH-01 onto the Lynxmotion Hitec Spline Metal Servo Horn (Tapped) HMSH-02, and then fit this onto the Lynxmotion Aluminum Tubing Connector Hub Model Number: HUB-08

Question 2.) And will the BBH-01 ball bearing hub rotate?

Question 3.) And will the sprocket attach to the ball bearing hub?

Question 4.) Which chain will work with these parts?

You almost need to post a sketch!

So you want two sprockets, one on each BB hub, connected by a chain. OK

And you want the aluminum tubing and a hub bolted to a metal servo horn? OK

The two BB hubs connected by a chain can rotate.

Are you driving one of them from the servo?

The “servo horn” pattern of holes in the horn, hubs and SES brackets allows most anything to be connected together.

Alan KM6VV

Here is the image you requested.

I will be putting magnets onto the sprockets using hot glue and using the magnets and sprockets in my invention.
Image.jpg

thanks for the drawing.

The sprockets work with HUB-02 and HUB-03, which are meant for 6mm or 4mm motor shafts. These don’t mate up (to my knowledge) with the SES sprocket hole pattern used by the tube flange and bearing.

HUB-03:

The timing belt pulley, on the other hand, does:

Track Sprocket:

Servo Horn:

There are drawings (solid works, etc) of the parts under information tab.

I have servo hubs, horns, the bearings, tube flanges, but I don’t have any sprockets to compare.

Maybe a sprocket could be modified?

Over to you Jim!

Alan KM6VV

Sorry I got nothing…

So I think I understand now. The hub holds the sprocket, and the chain joins to the sprocket. But for the chain to turn the sprocket needs to be able to turn too.

How I want the sprocket to turn on the hub is to float on the hub and not key into the hub. Similar to how a washer floats on a nut.
What sprocket and hub does this, and which chain will work with this combination?

Probably none, unless you make up your own.

Alan KM6VV

Thank you for your help. That’s all I need to know.