I have an idea!

I am going to start on a humunoid robot. Starting with the legs then the body. Each part will use 1 picaxe chip. going to buy the servos this week. :smiley: I think it will be a good learning experiance.

I can’t wait to see how this
I can’t wait to see how this work out for you. I also thought about doing the same thing since it would be easier to do it that way instead of trying to put the whole mess in one chip. Its still be a plan for me in the future but with the arduino. I can’t wait till you start posting more info on this so I can get inspire by it.

Interesting idea, I think
Interesting idea, I think the most challenging part will be the communication and delegation between the seperate controllers. I don’t know much about PICAXE chips specifically, but the PIC micros that they’re built from often have USART which is a very versatile serial communications method.

Go for it! No problem to get
Go for it! No problem to get Picaxe’s talking to each other. You may have to look at neural net type structures to get effective communication happening between each part of a limb with it’s whole, and with the body. Cheers

I love projects like this. A
I love projects like this. A huge project where you dont know how or if you will ever complete it. Projects like this help you to really stetch yourself and learn new things. Even if you never finish it you can’t call it a failure unless you fail to learn anything.