I don't understand how connect HS1 servo motor to arduino uno

I have connected the LSS adapter to Arduino uno board, and installed the LSS library for Arduino, but for some reason it’s not working, do I have to connect a power supply to the board and the servo motor? Apologies for the inconvenience, but I tried to look a lot for some resources and I couldn’t find helpful resources

1 Like

Hi @RoryGilmore and welcome to the RobotShop Community.

Yes, the Arduino board cannot power motors directly. We suggest the following 12V power supply:

Apologies for the inconvenience, but I tried to look a lot for some resources and I couldn’t find helpful resources

1 Like

Thank you for your reply @cbenson it worked finally! But, I am trying to open and close the gripper but I couldn’t find any relatable resources for configuring the gripper with the arduino, can you share some resources if available.

Also, I am using the adapter so if I want to connect each servo motor to a separated port in the adapter instead of connecting them in series how can I configure that in arduino ?

Thank you again

To be certain, can you provide a few photos of your setup, especially showing the electronics and servos and how they’re all connected?

I couldn’t find any relatable resources for configuring the gripper with the arduino, can you share some resources if available.
The “gripper” is not treated any differently than a normal servo, except you need to determine the maximum closed and open angles. For Arduino, we have a basic library which you can look at (but not necessary):
LSS Libraries & Examples

Also, I am using the adapter so if I want to connect each servo motor to a separated port in the adapter instead of connecting them in series how can I configure that in arduino ?

You don’t - all six connectors are on the same communication bus. The Adapter simply ensures that more servos can be connected to the BUS.

1 Like