I am making fairy wings and adding fiber optic lights

Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to make energy fairy wings without the veins for cosplay. Here are a few images on what the wings that I’m making will look like.

The wings that I’m making will be 48 inches wide and 44 inches tall in size. The wings will be made from 14 gauge wire (outer frame), cellophane (inside). I have found a few fluttering mechanisms from YouTube that might work with the idea. Here’s the link for the videos. https://youtu.be/B3WGBefHtBg
https://youtu.be/deRem31_wk4

Also, I want to add fiber optic lights to the inside of the wings (not the edges) more spread out for a sparkling and glowing effect.

Do I need to add a panel for the lights on top of the motor?
I was hoping to use a wireless controller for the wings and lights like using a car remote control or something similar.

Do I need to have a software program to make this work or need to be familiar with it, if not I am open to learning. What parts and tools do I need to put it together? Also, do I need to have two separate batteries or one large battery that can power both? I’m sorry if I sound overwhelming🤯. I just want to be clear on what I’m looking for. Thank you for your help.

Hi @Ravenheart

I’ve found a good instructables for you to help you in your quest:

Thank you AudioVox for the
article!

Hi I’m only doing the lights with the wings for now and I’m having trouble finding a uxcell 5 Pcs Remote Control Servo Extension Cord Cable Wire. If this is the right image, does anyone know where to find one?

Hey,

That’s not the right product.

It’ll be this one:

Or there is some on RobotShop as well:

2 Likes

Thank you AudioVox! I thought something was off about the image. Thank you again for the clarification.

1 Like

I have one question about the switch button in the programmable wing tutorial. Can the switch button have a long cord for reaching instead of the short button?

Hi @Ravenheart

The power switch can certainly be longer. It won’t affect anything in the circuit.

@AudioVox Thank you! I was worried about that part.