Humanoid Robot Project Group

Hi there fellow LMR'icans.

I have wanted for a long time to start building a humanoid robot - and I know how huge that project will be. Still, better to have tried and failed, then always had the idea sitting in my brain doing nothing.

I am far from skilled enough to take on such a challenge, and am looking to get together a small group (maybe 2-5 people) who are also interested in starting a project like this. This would be in the hopes that we could encourage each other along, post our successes and failures here on LMR, and work together to move a humanoid project along for each of us. This would be a very long term project, and one that we could all come and go to over time.

I am starting by buying a human skeleton this week, and will be moving on from that starting point.

We would also need a way of having a group communication, so am open to suggestions about that setup as well (maybe Google+?).

Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

P.S. I live on the East Coast of Australia - if that matters for timezones.

Thanks.

We wouldn’t have to start all in the same place (ie: with an endoskeleton), but if anyone has the goal to build a humanoid robot, we could share ideas on building techniques.

I have seen the InMoov project, but alas I don’t have a 3D printer (perhaps oneday in the future when they start coming down in price…). Also, I am planning my robot to be more like the ECCO Robot project - with “tendon’s”, etc.

Interesting DARPA project there, but I feel it might be well and truely out of my league…

I would suggest building
I would suggest building your own endoskeleton instead of using a human skeleton model. Even the current human based ones use different structures for anchoring parts. This is a fantastic idea though and I’ve seen a lot of people build one section or another. I wonder what epic robots we can put together if we start combining our bots?

Hi!

Sounds like you are keen to build a humanoid then? Shall we start a Google+ group?