Https://www.robotshop.com/en/litter-robot-3-open-air-wiring-harness.html

Hello,

Does anyone know if the wiring harness contains the hall effect sensor, as well?

I’ve narrowed down the problem for my litter robot 3 open air to a hall effect sensor failure, but I’ve been unable to find the standalone sensor in the shop.

Cheers,
Lee

Hi @leechaosharper,

Yes, this wiring harness contains Hall-effect sensor for Litter Robot 3.

You can use these instructions to help you replace it: https://community.robotshop.com/blog/show/litter-robot-iii-the-hall-effect-sensor

If you are in warranty, please advise.

1 Like

Hi @igor_X,

Unfortunately, no. I bought the unit in Jan 2017 and didn’t have any issues with the unit until after the 18-month extended warranty lapsed. Then it was pinch sensors.

Since then, I have replaced the DFI circuit boards and now have run into the issue of incorrect globe rotation (ie. it pauses momentarily once it reaches the waste position but instead of reversing directions it continues rotating counter-clockwise until it reaches the next sensor.)

Thank you for the link. I used it earlier when i had to dismantle the base for a full clean. We had a bit of a fruit fly issue in the bin which required disinfecting and I needed to remove the wiring harnesses and DFI sensors to remove all of the larvae.

The lights are not blinking as the article indicates (just a single blue flashing fault light), but based on the globe orientation I can only imagine that it is related to the hall-effect sensor.

I have written to the company to see if they could provide any electrical diagnostics, voltage drops, etc. to pinpoint the exact error but received no response apart from the same troubleshooting guide that is provided with the unit.

Guess I’ll have to keep throwing parts at it. >_<
To be honest, if I go with another one of these units I’d probably revert back to the LR2 due to it’s simplicity. The exposed conditions of the electronics within the waste bin was a bit of an oversight, especially with all the out-gassing of ammonia from the urine. The pinch senors have to be replaced every couple years or so just due to the corrosion.

Thank you for your help! I’ll go ahead and purchase the wiring harness replacement.

1 Like