HQuad500 stats

I work with a research group and we’re interested in the HQuad500 as a test platform. We normally work with heavy lift multi rotor UAVs but want something smaller to test equipment before transferring to our larger craft. I’ve done some searching and can’t find any information on the payload capacity for the HQuad500 with the standard 1000Kv motors in the kit. Has anyone tested this or have any thrust charts for the motors included in the kit?

robotshop.com/en/lynxmotion … o-kit.html
robotshop.com/en/lynxmotion … oller.html

We have not tested this in a max payload configuration. and unfortunately the manufacturer of that motor does not provide thrust vs. payload vs. voltage data.
An alternative would be to opt for the frame only and select motors with the necessary thrust data:

robotshop.com/en/lynxmotion … -only.html

T-motor is very good about having that data available (just as a quick example - be sure to verify):
robotshop.com/en/uav-motors … nd=T-Motor
Ex: robotshop.com/en/tmotor-uav … 700kv.html
with: robotshop.com/en/t-motor-12 … -pair.html

… at 14.8V should give 1.36Kg (3 pounds) of thrust at max throttle. Multiplied by four gives 8 pounds. Fivide that by two, subtract the weight of whatever 14.8V LiPo battery, four ESCs, flight controller, wiring harness and receiver you choose to get an idea of the payload.
Note the “dividing the max thrust by two” means the craft can still lift off at half throttle, and when moving / accelerating towards the ground, you’ll need more than its own weight to stop and hover. The HQuad frame itself is very durable, so there should not be any issues at that weight / payload. If you’re not sure which parts to choose to complete it, we’d be happy to help.

Thank you for this information. I was anticipating the need to purchase different motors if we wanted to put a small LiDAR on this UAV. Do you know the maximum size prop this frame would support?

We suggest 8" to 10" props, though the clearance seems to allow for 12". Longer carbon fiber tubes (16mm OD, 14mmID) would allow for bigger props with no appreciable gain in weight; the current kit includes 220mm long rods.
Note that there is a cutout on the base plate for a downward facing Lidar Lite: robotshop.com/en/lidar-lite … inder.html
Dimensions (properly scaled): lynxmotion.com/images/jpg/HQ … nsions.jpg

Hi,
dou you have any results meanwhile? I am interested in lifting a 800gramm plastic box. Would this work with the standard kit components?

Feffe
I did not go with their standard motors. Instead I went this KDE 885KV https://www.kdedirect.com/collections/uas-multi-rotor-brushless-motors/products/kde2315xf-885 they’re not cheap but have great thrust ratings. I also went with a 11x4.5 prop. With this combo I have about a 2lbs (907g) payload rating on my Hquad500. You could always go with something cheaper just try to find something with thrust charts so you can calculate your lift capacity. Also 12’ props don’t fit on this drone, I found that out the hard way.

1 Like