How to power servos individually

well hai,
              i have been working on a arm with three micro servos on an arduino. i am not able to figure out how to power them up because i actually tried connect the ground and input wires in series with each other but that did not go well.so i am lukin for an alternative on how to power them up.can you guys help me out  please??
                           thank you
ramharsha

thanq sir

the thing is  i have 3 different servos that i want to connect.i have connected the signal input do you want me to put all the three ground wires in arduino gnd pit at once. and the 5 v directly to  the battery

use a breadboard

I assume you must be using a bread board. In which case just follow Dan M’s feed: if you consider the motor’s perspective, the power to them and the signal are two very different things.  Hence, 1st of all make sure that the earth wire (black) is common to your arduino, battery and bread board.  Then run the V++ (6V?) from the battery to the red power rail on the breadboard.  From there you can wire in the red or middle wire on your RC servo.  I’m not sure about where you get your RC servos from I’m in America but ours com from china or Tiwan and they nearly alwasys have black for ground, red for live (or V++) and yellow or orange for the signal (you can check them out here(http://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.com/images/rc-servos20.gif).

Finally, run your 3 signal lines via the breadboard to your signal on the servo (yellow or orange) and your done.  I’m also assuming that your power source can supply the 3 servos at once.

Good luck.

Jenny.