How to make your first robot

trouble programming

hi there,

when i press F5 to insert a program into the bot, only some of the times is it succesful. Sometimes it says that the hardware is not found.  These differences are seemingly random, and even when it say the hardware was not found, the bot sometimes implements the program. is there anyway to keep the bot constantly recieving and implementing orders instead of it just listening some of the times?

also, in the program where the bot is supposed to move forward, stop at an object, turn a different direction, and continue forward; the editor (or bot) doesn’t seem to understand the part where it is supposed to turn a different direction when it encounters an object.

Thanks for the help and the wonderful tutorial!

I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with the editor. I am yet to find out why. All the time I make new theories, but they never hold, sorry. 

Regarding the programming; Try to isolate one part of the program; Make the robot do only this, make it work. That always works :slight_smile: Make one thing work at a time, add more.

Question read, but no clue,

Question read, but no clue, sorry. Refer to Picaxe documentation :slight_smile:

You should post an image on

You should post an image on this, to make sure, sorry.

Cool :slight_smile: Makes it worth it

Cool :slight_smile: Makes it worth it all!

Yes, sure you can. Look in

Yes, sure you can. Look in the old version of the tutorial, where this is actually done :slight_smile:

Good to hear! And yes, do

Good to hear! And yes, do add sound :slight_smile: See hack below :slight_smile:

Hi fristl,Is it the case

Hi fristl,

Is it the case that if I add a speaker to Pin 1 right now, that your more elaborate code (.bas file) is already setup to create sound when the robot backs up (Sound 1, (soundvar,5))?

If that is the case, can you clarify for me how to add a speaker to Pin1, I’m such a noob! (and I don’t understand where to look when you said ‘see below’).

If I cut a speaker out of an old tape deck, and it has two wires, do I solder both wires to a female ended wire, and put that onto the two pins at Pin1 and somehow add a 3rd wire to the ground beside it?

Your help is so appreciated thank you!  And your yellow drum machine robot is UNBELIEVABLE! and hilarious…i want one lol.

dual voltage on the picaxe

Hi, I would like to know how to do two voltages on the picaxe, what is affected by the second voltage, and how to get a transformer from 3 to 6 volts or similar. I want to have a fast motor, probally using a GM3 or 9. I have viewed the circut map for the picaxe but am still not sure of the exact implications.

I also have that problem.

I have that problem also and I have no clue why.  I just try it again a few times and it will work.

programing trobble

i dont know whats wrong but when ever try to program this it always says hardware not found, it does not even have 1 bar completed.i did everything it told me ecept change the batterys and change the microcontroller.also i have a usb to serial adapter with a picaxe28x2.

How to put a wifi on the project?

Hi!

A nice article, and well eplained procedures. But I was wondering if it was possible to control the robot through a wifi connection? And if it were, then how?

For the 2 voltages, you

For the 2 voltages, you should read up on the instructions again. I link to a tutoril on the board, it is all there, should be easy to understand.

There can be a trillion

There can be a trillion things wrong for this decription, sorry. perhaps the chip is not inserted the right way, perhaps the cable is not plugged in the right way… anything. You will have to try to take every step and do it differently, see if it helps. It could also be your computer… anything.

Your describtion is almost like “my can wont drive, what is wrong?” “I have filled the tank, and turned the key” - so I am sorry, but the help is hard to give - other than “try to make it work”. Take everything you know, like the thing should have power, the chis should be inserted, cable in… and make sure all is as it should be. Look for things you have not double chekked, that is all I can say.

Best of luck, and let us know when you find the error, what it is, so others can learn :slight_smile:

There can be a trillion

There can be a trillion things wrong for this decription, sorry. perhaps the chip is not inserted the right way, perhaps the cable is not plugged in the right way… anything. You will have to try to take every step and do it differently, see if it helps. It could also be your computer… anything.

Your describtion is almost like “my can wont drive, what is wrong?” “I have filled the tank, and turned the key” - so I am sorry, but the help is hard to give - other than “try to make it work”. Take everything you know, like the thing should have power, the chis should be inserted, cable in… and make sure all is as it should be. Look for things you have not double chekked, that is all I can say.

Best of luck, and let us know when you find the error, what it is, so others can learn :slight_smile:

Sure there is.But start with

Sure there is.

But start with one thing, make that work first. Make the robot. Then get one of the trillion wifi options running, put it together, one step at a time.

Seriously; Start with making one thing work, get another, hook it up. That is the only way you can learn and the only way you can do it.

where can i get these

where can i get these parts-do you order them from the internet

Start reading (again?)

Start where it says “materials needed”.

some thing is wrong

i think some thing is wrong with my picaxe .beacause it does not blink led or turn a motor or s servo. but the programing bars go all the way through.

I doubt that there is

I doubt that there is something wrong with the Picaxe, if it really programs well, and let’s you know all is cool. Chances are that you have misunderstood how to hook up stuff.

Can you post a picture of how you have hooked things up?