How to integrate a DRF Robot Spider with DFRduino UNO R3 and Romeo All in one Controller?

I have just put together a DRF Robot Spider from the high-tech product series. Since I will integrate it with an Arduino and controller, I have used two kits to set up the frame. I have noticed it can be a bit unstable (e.g. the axis passing through the motors are not perfectly aligned); it is functioning, but I wonder if there is a better way to set it up.

I have built one spider (with legs only on one side) and attached an additional torso, gears and legs on the other side.

Did anybody try to do it differently by also modifying the frame?

Lastly, do you have some pointers for integrating the DFRduino UNO R3, Romeo All in one Controller, GP2Y0A21 Distance Sensor with this DRF Robot?

Thank you,

Regards,
csi21

Hi @csi21 and welcome to the forum.
The challenge I see are the different supply voltages for the Romeo (5V) and the motors (1.5V). Maybe you can get away with a PWM signal from Romeos motor-drivers or have to add an inline resistor between driver and motor to save the motor.

1 Like

@o_lampe Thank you very much for the suggestion, I will try and let you know how it goes.
Regards,

Simonetta