How to find Manuals for the Picaxe products

I think Picaxe is a great product.

But somebody should kick their web department. Sometimes people buy a Picaxe product in another shop, and do not get the manual on print. "Find it on the web".. yes, but where? They have a really crap web at Picaxe, a mix of info, links and URL's not really well made at all

I OFTEN get questions about the manuals, so something is wrong!

This is the way I go about it, it could be done simpler with more direct links, but here is how I tend to do it, because I can remember this, I just have to remember step 1, and the rest comes naturally to me after many visits:

1. Go to picaxe.co.uk -> It refreshes to this: http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/
  2. In the menu to the left click "Buy Online - Prices"
  3. Click the "Click here to enter store"
  4. On the left menu, click PICAXE -> NOW you are where you want to be! What a crap web :D
  5. Now find your product. Example: Project Boards
  6. Let's say you want the maual for the 8 Pin Motor Driver Board - find it.. and..
  7. Below the main describtion, find the link Click here for datasheet. There it is, at last :)

Imagine that, a 7 step guide is needed :)

Anyhow - that is the manuals for the boards, chips etc. Something else that you want - this is very important:

Picaxe main manuals:

Specially Section 2 - that is your friend in the everyday work with Picaxe.

They are found here: picaxe.co.uk -> Top menu, "DATASHEETS"

UPDATE:

Hey - Just found a link in there that can be used as well, see this:

picaxe.co.uk -> Top menu, "DATASHEETS"

Find the text "For datasheets for individual products see the product index"and click your way through.. I guess that is what they want us to do.. Hmm somehow I still like the other one better :)

Main thing is; It is all very well documented, it is sometimes very hard to find, but it is there, from the page picaxe.co.uk :)

I´m thinking in giving
I´m thinking in giving first steps with PICAXE, what product should i get?
I see lots of "starter packs" in their website…

1 PICAXE-28X1 Starter
1 PICAXE-28X1 Starter Pack

Seems to be a good choice! :slight_smile:

these manuals are also

these manuals are also available off-line, in the picaxe programming editior, just in case you dont want to bother with picaxe.co.uk web site

picaxewhereis.jpg

picaxewhereis2.jpg

sorry about large images, but its easier to explain with pics

The docs come on the cd if
The docs come on the cd if you get one of the starter packs…

No need to fire up the
No need to fire up the editor if you just want to read the manuals. They’re located in the same program group as your picaxe editor.

You could also just right
You could also just right click the links and select save as. Or once you have the .pdf open you can click the floppy disk picture and save a copy to your harddrive.

Debt Consolidation

Debt Consolidation

edited by rik_admin: example of “Search Engine Optimization” (removed link).

Thatøs a new way of doin it
Thats a new way of doin it rik? :slight_smile:

all shall be revealed
when we hit 10k

Getting ALL the PDFs from Picaxe

This link will take you directly to the official list of “all datasheets”. There are 76 of them at the time I write this.

However, Google reveals as many as 210 in their docs directory. That list does include the famous bot130a.pdf! Save your copies to your hard drive while you can. picaxe.co.uk is one very slow website…