How to connect the Sabertooth with the BotBoarduino

Hey, just wanted to ask how to connect the Sabertooth 2x12 with the BotBoarduino?
I guess the Sabertooth gets analog signals while the BotBoarduino gets pwm signals, how is it possible to enable an communication between them?

@yannickmeyer Welcome to the RobotShop Community. This is the standard / suggested layout:

This can be found in the A4WD1 guide: A4WD1 & AL5 Arm Tutorial for PS2 Control (BotBoarduino)

I guess the Sabertooth gets analog signals while the BotBoarduino gets pwm signals,

The Sabertooth can actually accept RC PWM or Serial (most models at least) and the BotBoarduino is pretty versatile (can produce RC PWM signals, analog, digital, I2C and more). In the example above, the BotBoarduino provides RC PWM signals to the Sabertooth.

IMPORTANT: The center (red) pin from the Sabertooth PROVIDES 5V power, so if you leave that connected, you should not power the BotBoarduino separately (no 9V battery for example). When you connect it to a computer via USB but don’t power the Sabertooth, be sure to change the VL jumper to USB.

1 Like