How replace the lawn mower dead man switch with a remote controlled switch?

I have a lawn mower that has a handle which needs to kept pressed down, in order for the lawn mower to work. That basically closes the circuit which allows the lawn mower engine to run. If the handle is let go, the circuit is opened and the lawn mower engine shuts off.

I am trying to figure out how to replace this with a remote controlled switch in an RC lawn mower. I will be using a Sabertooth 2x32. I have an RC control receiver. From there, I have seen people using a Dimension engineering battle switch. What should I do next? Cut the lawn mower wires to that manual dead man switch and connect them to the Battleswitch?

Can someone please help me with the wiring diagram for this.

Thanks.

Hi,

Indeed, the Dimension Engineering BattleSwitch Radio Controlled Relay would be a good option. It’s basically a 240VAC (10A @ 28VDC) relay that you can directly connect to an RC receiver and control (ON/OFF) with an RC transmitter.
Here is a wiring diagram showing how to connect the BattleSwitch to a motor’s pins and battery. In OFF position, SC is connected to S1 and in ON position, SC is connected to S2. You will need to check what is connected to what when the lawn mower’s switch is pressed and do the connections according to the diagram.

1 Like

Why not use a transistor? You could use it as a gate relay and you can wire it up to a micro controller and from there you’re laughing.