How long should a Roomba battery last? | RobotShop Community

hi my roomba 581 is proberly 8 years…not sure…hadnt used it for some years(with the battery inside)…so the battery was dead…and it was irr on it…but i scracht it of…and it works fine…allmost 1 hour…so the battery can last much longer then 1 til 2 years…im also reseting the battery cycle so maybe it will work even longer…but im happy with one hour…:)…

iRobot Roomba 805. About 18 months old. Don’t used it every week. Probably averages 2 times per month.
Now the battery lasts about 20 minutes from fully charged to totally dead.
It doesn’t seem like the battery should already need replacing…Is this the way they work?

@Margie If the robot has been off the charging station for a long time, it can damaged the battery. 20 minutes seems a little low for how you have used it so far. It’s possible the battery wasn’t in good condition at first.

Can you send me maintenance/ upkeep procedures for battery. I have recently bought Rooma 960

Hi Sengu,

Battery Maintenance tips: https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7273/~/roomba-400%2C-500%2C-600%2C-700%2C-800-series-battery-maintenance-tips.

Battery Overview 900 series: https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9063/~/overview-of-the-roomba-900-series-battery.

I bought the Roomba 690 about six months ago and it has been working well. But a few days ago I went to start it and it complained of needing to charge, despite charging overnight. At first I thought it just hadn’t seated on the dock properly, but I found that no matter how long it sits on the dock it won’t charge. The amber light blinks slowly, showing it is getting power, but the app shows the red dead battery icon with the charging symbol, which doesn’t change. I tried charging it overnight but during the night it rebooted several times and was still dead in the morning. I removed and re-seated the battery several times to no avail. I noticed that the voltage across any of the four battery contacts was no higher than three volts, and across the two largest ones it was zero volts. Battery life until this was about an hour, same as when I bought it. From everything I could find online it seems that the charging circuit inside the Roomba has failed. Any suggestions before I sell it for parts?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out.
From what we see, there could also be an issue with the battery itself. First, you could replace the battery.
The problem could also come from the charging circuit. Have you bought the robot with RobotShop? If so, contact us via our support center so we can verify your warranty information.

Another verification you can perform is to check the two connectors under the Roomba and make sure they are clean. It’s 2 metal lug that will go fit on the charger, make sure they are clean and has no corrosion.
Let us know once you have tried the above.

Thanks for your reply, Philippe. Since I last wrote I had been trying to get the receipt from my wife, who bought the Roomba through Amazon, to have it serviced under warranty. Last night she finally offered the receipt, but I thought I would try putting the Roomba back on the charger in case having the battery discharge over the past three weeks had worked some miracle. It was left off the charger with the battery installed. To my surprise, the Roomba charged and has run two cleaning jobs since - the latest one being 55 minutes which is about normal. So I hope my experience can help someone else who might have packed their Roomba away after having it fail - perhaps time will have fixed it, as sometimes happens for cell phones too.

My Irobot doesn’t charge nor are there any lights on the robot itself. After putting it on the charger the green light comes on the charger for about 5 seconds on then goes off. No lights come on the robot.