How did you cope with the Arduino Mini 5V

The Arduino Mini and a bunch of other electronics require a 5V power source. The only way I can achieve that using standart batteries (AA, AAA) would be to use a power regulator (preferrably a low-dropout power regulator which I can't find on robotshop). So how do you suggest I get my 5V? It doesn't need to work with standart batteries - as long as the solution is cheap. What other online store would be good for a low-dropout voltage regulator? 

P.S.: This website is awesome!

Radioshack sells the 7805 5V
Radioshack sells the 7805 5V regulator for (unfortunately) a couple bucks. Other sources are 5V output power bricks, wall warts, etc. For example, a PSP wall adapter charger outputs a smooth 5V at one amp, perfect for electronics. The regulator to get for smooth 5V would be the LM2940, and you can get that from mouser, digikey, jameco, newark etc.

Here’s a nice post on the

Here’s a nice post on the subject from OddBot.

There are a number of LDO regulators out there. The 7805 is not my favorite, but it does the job well. Read through some of the comments in the post above for some alternatives.

He uses the 2940 also, the
He uses the 2940 also, the one I suggested to him years ago :slight_smile:

heres 10x 7805 for

heres 10x 7805 for $1.60

http://cgi.ebay.nl/10-x-7805-L7805-LM7805-5V-1-5A-voltage-regulator-TO220-/110747314341?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item19c90de8a5

i bought mine from there, have had no problems.
takes a while to arrive from china though…

The cheapest solution is

The cheapest solution is using 4 AA/AAA batteries or 5 AA/AAA rechargeables without a voltage regulator.  The Arduino controller will run in a range from 2.7 to 5.5V. It will depend on the motors and the sensors you want to use.

BTW the Arduino Mini has a onboard voltage regulator excepting 7-9V.

MCP1703 LDO vreg comes in

MCP1703 LDO vreg comes in multiple flavors and runs around 250ma output. 

RTFM? RTF… …comments you get

Umm…

I sorta answered this one already the last time you asked the same question… one day before you posted this one. Here

Uff-da…

Yeah but now it looks like

Yeah but now it looks like that 5v regulator has 2V dropout.

Ok now I understand that the

Ok now I understand that the only way to go now is to get a voltage regulator. I just thought that someone might have found a 5v battery pack or something like that.