Homemade Controller and Surveillance Veichle

Hello All Robot Lovers

My name is The Robotic Human and i am from Australia.I am now 15 and i have had a huge passion for electronics and robotics from a very young age. At school i have tried to excel myself to one-day become a robotic engineer or similar.Robot

This robot is a four-wheel drive all terrain robot hopefully capable for rocky terrain and carry out surveillance missions. This robot will have a pan and tilt system with a inferred camera . Also the bot will have a microphone with a high gain pre-amp so it can pick up a whisper. This robot will also have equipped, 5 bright leds to act like a search light and leds for looks and show. this robot will be transmitting on 2.4ghz and the camera also on 2.4ghz. now onto the controller. Controller and Robot with tape

I built this controller last year and have just recently been adding parts to it. the controller is a 6 channel remote capable of transmitting over 2 kilometers but i doubt i will go that far. a screen is positioned on the top of the remote and receives live video from the robots pan-tilt system. This can also travel 1 kilometer. the controller runs on a lipo battery and has a sound card so i can hear what the bot hears. I used a wireless wii-nunchuck and took it apart, wired it up, and ran that back to the controller. now i was able to use the wii nunchuck to pan and tilt the camera.

like i said this robot is NOT finished yet but i will keep yous posted. This robot is a huge milestone for me and i hope you like my creation.

Rc robot for surveillance

• Actuators / output devices: 4 geared motors
  • Control method: RF Remote Control
  • CPU: Rc reciver, Video transmitter, LED controller
  • Power source: 7.4V 800mAh LiPo
  • Sensors / input devices: RC Receiver
  • Target environment: indoor and outdoor (mostly outdoor)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/homemade-controller-and-surveillance-veichle

Reply to K120189

no sorry i havent got any under construction pics but i will be posting them in the upcoming week. the robot uses some brushed dc motors 320RPM and i am going to use two brushed speed controllers to have tank like control. yes they are Rc tyres that i got from hobbyking and i just machined an adaptor so the wheel would be able to sit on the 3mm shaft of the motor. 

The Robotic Human