Homemade Arduino!

I'm from Lebanon , and its a bit hard to acquire arduinos or any kind of hobby electronics , so i had to make the arduino myself here after i got a lot of inspiration from many online guides . i also built a parallel programmer to download the bootloader , a usb to serial converter to send sketches to the duino . cool project to make and build from scratch . here are some pics :

beau

You have created a thing of beauty, my friend.

Very good job

I see you followed a certain instructable at instructables dot com, he has a design flaw, the capacitors for the crystal are too far away, if you have timing issues/weird  bugs, that could be why.

That looks just great! I

That looks just great! I have always wanted to do one by myself, but never got the time.

Where did find all the components? Thanks

nope

got the schemetics and layout from arduino.cc and im not having trouble with the timing :slight_smile:

thanks

from a local electronics shop

Capacitors

I was thinking the same thing.

But if it works, it works.

cool.

my friend and i make it too :slight_smile:

true

It’s only 16mhz anyway, not like it’s super duper sensitive.

Cool

Looks really neat. Nice job.

Did you etch the PCB yourself ?

Hey

hey jad im lebanese too :slight_smile: i recently was able to get hold of an arduino but still where did u get the components from im interested

thanks

**Hey ! :slight_smile: **

Good to hear that. If you need any help contact me :)   berrojad     at     gmail   dot    com

The components are from katranji in jnah.

can you give me the

can you give me the schematics

I made a couple of these too

Lots of drilling :) 

arduino4.jpg

Link: http://smokedprojects.blogspot.com/2012/12/home-made-arduinos.html