Hitec D955TW servo

Hi,

Is anyone using this servo for any of the Lynxmotion robots?
Any of the biped options, but I have also just purchased the T-Hex 4DoF.

Many thanks,

Simon

Personally, I have never swapped any servo from an existing project with a higher specs servo motor.
I think it’s a good idea, just make sure your power supply is able to handle the current and that the physical dimension of the motor will fit on the arm/biped robot.

I would definitely like to see the result and the strength of your project.

Hi pjutras, thanks for responding. All valuable advice for me as I am very new to the Lynxmotion SES parts.

I should have been more specific in my questions. This servo is what I am considering to use for some form of SES biped.

I was wondering if someone on here had any real life experience/knowledge of using this servo with the SES, & whether it would physically fit well in the ASB-04 servo bracket/ASB-09 servo bracket. I am hoping to work this out before I spend ~£80GBP on each servo.

I have read a lot of discussions on here about different servos, but most of these are from a number of years ago & may not be relevant anymore.

I checked the physical size of this servo vs the standard Hitec HS-645MG & others on the Hitec site. They seem pretty similar: -

HS-645MG/HS-5645MG/D645MG 40.6 x 19.8 x 37.8mm (1.59 x 0.77 x 1.48")
HS-7955TG/D955TW 40.0 x 20.0 x 37.0mm (1.57 x 0.78 x 1.45")

But I cant see any information on the position of the mounting points or the length/height of the shaft & servo horn. I also don’t know what sort of tolerance/wiggle has been allowed on the SES ASB-04/ASB-09 brackets.

It is a bit of a dilemma… But all part of the fun.

Is there anywhere I could find this information?

Thanks!