Highest torque motor with the best driver possibilities

Hello, I am a researcher and I developed a paste extruder machine to do the basic test of biocomposite materials. I also shared the STL models of the machine parts and the code on my account page at (PrusaPrinters). I was using Arduino 2560 board and Ramps 1.4 with a stepper motor NEMA 17 at 43.1 Ncm torque and DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier. However, my torque is not enough for pushing the materials. I want to increase the torque as much as possible. I was looking for geared NEMA 34 with TMC drivers. Before ordering them all and make some tests with my Arduino 2560 board and Ramps 1.4, I wanted to be sure about, whether it is a good idea or not? Besides, since NEMA 34 are a bit big, I am not sure the amount of weight of the motor can damage the process or not? Because also I am using 20 A power supply. If it NEMA 34 is too big for my process, I can get a geared NEMA 17 with TMC drivers too. Do you have any idea about this?

@Afsar Welcome to the RobotShop Community. If it’s purely a question of torque, then you can play with a combination of the stepper motor and gearing. The higher the gear ratio, the higher the torque multiplier, but lower the speed. A geared NEMA 17 is not guaranteed to provide more torque than a non-geared NEMA 34 as it depends on the motor’s specs and gear ratio. Stepper motors are also “odd” in that they provide higher torque at lower pps (pulses per second), and different torque when operated in full, half and quarter step modes. You also need to factor in the applied voltage as it pertains to coil voltage (and the ability to move steps - to put it simply). Lots to consider when playing with steppers.