Hi All! Has anyone designed a dome for a 3DOF Phoenix Hexapod yet?

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

My request is more concerning advice and direction regarding any 3D Print files which may already exist for a dome to add to the top chassis plate on a RobotShop Phoenix Hexapod.

I have attached a pictures

of my Phoenix for clarification of the kit model and present form.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all,
Tobar8th

1 Like

@anjys ?

We’ve been trying to encourage him to put his 3D printed designs up for sale.
You can see some of his designs (A-Pod, Phoenix etc.) here:
https://community.robotshop.com/user/anjys
Very talented, and the master behind the latest shells on the Lynxmotion 4DoF arm:

1 Like

Hi cbenson,

Thank you for the reply.

The shell anjys created for the Phoenix is way beyond my expectations! Very cool!

For now, I’ll be satisfied with an elongated dome for the top chassis only but, of course, I would want this shell (who wouldn’t?).

If he doesn’t want to sell the shells (I could see where the hours of printing would be undesirable) he could share the 3D Print files or charge for the files for others to print.

Best Regards,
Tobar8th

“Elongated dome” kind of sounds like his other design here. Not sure how far he got:

Hi all,
thanx to Benson for the credits;-).
yes, I’ve designed the latest shells of the 4Dof Arm and my idea is to extend this type of ‘new’ shapes to other type of robots…like hexapod also.
those shells r designer for other type of production system but as Benson encouraging me , I’m planning to make a 3D printable type so people can buy the files from lynx motion and print it.
time ago I worked on shells for Phoenix and if I remember well I have a 3d printable version also .
I can work again on it, be sure that everything fits well and make it downloadable for users .

1 Like