Hey, Frits. I'm Dan

Lol, when seaching the web for something else, I just stumbled across an old posting of mine. Below it, I found a historical start in a comment:

"Hey, Frits. I'm Dan.."

"Historical".. why, you may ask :)

Well, I made up the original LMR, and today Dan is hosting it & programming extensions etc, and this very post was where we met, aparently :D I completely forgot, but now know why he later was going on about me and Arduino ;P

The Internet is a wonderful place! https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/80#comment-351

(Sorry if this was not very interesting for any one else.. but hey! Let's hear it for other first-time-contacts? :)

-and you start your reply by

-and you start your reply by ridiculing his name, then go on to tell him "I am not going for LMR to be "my" site, please take over …"

-Well I guess he took your word as gospel and is now running this joint.

Haha wow. And almost exactly
Haha wow. And almost exactly a year ago. Amazing that we were only at node 80 at that point, and now we’re at 6000. And I never did buy that Picaxe :slight_smile:

No picaxe?
You mean LMR is still running on that BS2?!?

I figured
I figured LMR would be running on a Commodore 64 at least!

rik…!
rik…!

huh, no c64?
nostalgia: a special page on LMR where every new member’s FIRST post or comment is collected

here’s one

Rik’s first post was a comment on FritsLDR.

Complicated questions from the bat!

Ha :)I’m sorry I never

Ha :slight_smile:

I’m sorry I never answered that post, hope I made up for that since :wink:

I say: scope that AmandaLDR!
make sure to post it as losless waveforms :wink:

You are absolutely right, I

You are absolutely right, I have to get that done - at least some looking at LDR’s recieving pulses from laserdiodes or ordinary LED’s!

That way we can see excactly how short / long time it takes for the LDR to react, and tune in to maximum output in maximum speed - no more guessing and trial and error!

:slight_smile:

spoken like a true techy
I am a little bit afraid now.

On the contrary; Techies

On the contrary; Techies would devide some stuff and calculate some other stuff, and devide it with the clock of the MCU!

An arty just looks at it and fix it to the maximum output, not caring if it is spikes on the wires that causes this or that - just caring about making stuff work, focusing on creating, not calculating :slight_smile:

yeah

I feel better again now.

:sunglasses:

Sorry, the C64 is too busy

Sorry, the C64 is too busy playing Lode Runner and Impossible Mission to host LMR :slight_smile: The BS2 will have to keep carrying the load.

Dan

Ah, really? That makes

Ah, really? That makes sense. As I compared the BS2 with PICAXE, I noticed how similar they were in capabilities and specifications.

Dan

WAT!
Are you guys saying that the LMR site is being hosted off of a BS2 instead of real servers?!?!?!

Well, Dan never did buy that Picaxe

slacker…

Welcome to the least serious side of LMR dent.

Amazing what can happen in a
Amazing what can happen in a year. I can’t wait to see where this site goes a year from now. :smiley:

Me neither… but Z; We will

Me neither… but Z; We will have to wait at least a year!

:smiley: