Here2 GNSS and Emlid Reach RS2 compatibility

Hello everybody

I have an Emlid Reach RS2 “terrestrial” topographic GPS. I am interested in mounting the ‘Here 2 GNSS for Pixhawk 2.1’ on a Drone and the question is whether the Emlid GPS would serve as a base to carry out the corrections in RTK or on the contrary, I should also acquire the ‘HERE+ Base’ for this function of base

Thank you very much

Hi mompo,

The minimum is 2 units so you should be good to go with a second unit like a Reach M+.

All the best,

1 Like

Hello dialfonzo, thank you for your answer.

The problem is that the Reach M + (with antenna and trigger cable) is considerably more expensive than the Here2 (421€ vs 182€).

Also, as I have been able to read PX4 (with QGroundControl) supports RTK devices based on u-blox M8P and u-blox F9P, and if I’m not mistaken Emlid Reach RS2 contains the F9P board.

I believe that the Reach RS2 base sends the corrections by cable to the PC (QGC) and this sends them by telemetry to the Here2 rover.

I’m right?

Thank you very much again

mompo,

This will reach my maximum in term of knowledge of integration regarding the Emlid & PixHawk.
Since you already have a REACH RS2 i would contact Emlid and aski what’s the best option for you.

All the best,

Hi dialfonzo, thanks for the reply.

But I fear that Emild “will sweep towards his house” :grin:

Best regard

Yes - Totally understand.
In theory it should be possible with a REACH M+ or M2 module and some ways to connect your RS2.
However i am not 100% certain about software compatibility etc.

Hi dialfonzo.

Yes.

M+ and M2, I know function it with RS2, by Reach View APP.

Thank you, very much.