Help with downloading 3D models

can somone help me i’m trying to
download lynxmotion’s 3D models but they won’t work
im using alibre design every time it just won’t work :cry:

so “help” please :blush:

I also use Alibre Design. :smiley:

You will have to do the following for every model you download.

1. Download the models in the STEP format.

2. Use File --> Import from the main menu to import a model.

3. Save the model in Alibre Design format.

8-Dale

well the problem is when i download it
it automaticly says that it cannot find the apropryit program to run it with
what should i do?

and what do you mean by import a model -->

You have to save the model to disk. You may have to right click the link to the STEP format model and then select save to disk (or whatever your browser calls it).

8-Dale

You should open up your manual for Alibre Design and read the introductory chapters.

You click the File menu and then select Import to import a model. I think you have to select the type of model, but I can’t remember. STEP or STEP 214 would be the model type for the STEP 3D models here.

After you import a model, you can save it in Alibre format.

8-Dale

thank’s it finally work’s :laughing:

I wish I had Alibre Design…I had sketchup, but lost it the last time I reformatted my PC. :frowning:

hey does anyone but me notice that they added tracks to the 3d models?

nope, i think it was broken lazer who made them and i was right there when he did, he showed them to me a week or 2 back, maybe more

they put them there that long ago?

i dont think so, he might of just got them to beth recently or beth just put them up recent;y because i know that broken laser is smawped right now, and im sure beth and jim are smapwed too

What do you mean by “tracks” beind added to the 3D models?

8-Dale

I have Alibre Design Expert, and it is awesome. :smiley: Actually, I am in the process of purchasing it - Alibre will let you pay for it monthly - divide the cost of the version you want by 12 and that would be your monthly payment - no service charges or interest. Alibre runs regular super specials also. Everything I have done in CAD recently that you see on my website has been done with Alibre Design. :smiley:

8-Dale

well i don’t pay for mine and its not a free trial
it free

O yes one more thing how do i download the zip.files such as the servo
because it dosn’t show up in the importing files when i download it?

i mean that the tracks have been added to 3d models on www.lynxmotion.com theres no picture on there so you have to look closley 8)

o and i want to know if you have to put the screws on the brackets
or is it optionable?

no you do not have to, unless it is different with alibre design, because in solid works its not necessary

btw, if you want to make the tracks work, its really hard to get them to connect to the “sporcket” that broken laser made

Adding the screws and such to models is strictly optional in Alibre Design. However, if I were going to make a professional class model you wanted to send it to a professional CAD people, designers, or other professional class, I would certainly go all the way for details to make my model professional class. :slight_smile:

8-Dale

Professional, hmm, the track model was modeled from a photo, description of length, and a total professional understanding of injection molding techniques. The modeler does not have a degree in cad-jockeyism but goes head to head with cad-jockeys from many aerospace companies. (NASA) Advising the designer on improvements in the designs for machining the product in a better and faster way. The track I purchased, was after the fact for verification of what I had done, the actual hole spacing is less than .oo4” measured with a Faro arm, the length in both directions is less than .0005” all from a photo, and a general length of track put together. So I sent my track piece to Beth.

If it’s not appreciated, next time I won’t, pay a pro.

I appreciate your efforts very much, as do many others. Keep up the good work bud.