Help this Secret Santa

I have signed up to be the Secret Santa for a 12-year old boy who lives in a group home. Here is his wish list:

Tools (real ones - not toys); Robot building kits; Gift Card to Wal-Mart; socks, underwear, pjs, book about building robots, Note: Austin is very interested in building robots (robot kits./tools)

Please help me with a good choice for a robot building kit! Also, if you have a recommendation for a book about building robots that would be great.

Thanks for being part of my Secret Santa team!

• RJ

Can we do something cool for $40-$50 for the kit and maybe another $10-$20 for a book.

Or maybe it is better to just say $60-$70 for both.

Also, I had budgeted about $15 for a general purpose tool kit I saw at Home Depot, but that money could go to tools for this instead.

Thanks for the assist!

We can certainly help you choose the tools, books and robot kits, but before we start to make too many suggestions, what is your budget?

The OWI-535 is a great and very popular robotic arm kit, and the Beetle Robot Kitis sort of a mobile version. You might consider the 31-in1 screwdriver set as well as the ST-10 electronic hand tool kit. Most of the inexpensive books we carry are for people looking to get started in custom robotics.