Help! Implementing ultrasonic or magnetic sensor

Hi,

I have a setup with:

SyRen 50A Regenerative Motor Driver: robotshop.com/en/syren-motor-driver.html

AmpFlow
A28-150 Motor: ampflow.com/three_inch_high_performance_motors.htm

Futaba T10J: futabarc.com/systems/futk9200-10j/

Futaba R3008SB receiver

Everyhing is on a 4 wheel platform that is driving on 2 rails (like a train).

I want to add two ultrasonic or magnetic sensors at the end to stop the platform when he reach the end of the tracks (rails).

Can anyone help me with any tip about what should i use for this and how will it be the configuration?

Thanks

Hi,

For magnetic, you could use the following Magnetic sensor placed above the track in front of the robot to detect the presence of absence of the track.

If you can have some kind of wall at the end of the track, you could put an ultrasonic sensor to detect the distance between the robot and the wall and start braking a some point. Ultrasonic sensors have more range than the magnetic sensors, so it could give you more time to slow down.

Regards,

Thanks for your reply,

Do i need to buy anything else or those sensors will work with the SyRen 50A directly?

Thanks

Hi,

Sensors won’t work directly with the SyRen. They should connect to your electronics that controls the Syren. It could be an Arduino, a Raspberry pi or any other controller.

What are you using to control the SyRen?

Best regards,

Futaba T18SG or T10J, with a futaba receiver.

Hi,

In that case, you will need to add some intelligence to you design in order to use sensors. Otherwise, your only option is pretty much using mechanical limit switches to cut the power which is not excellent if you want the robot to continue to function.

An Arduino Microcontroller would be a good option, but you need to have programming skills.

Sincerely,