Help: blinking blue light, then blinking yellow after reset

Hello,

I am again experiencing this issue: my Litter robot 3 is stuck with a blinking blue light. If I press reset, the yellow light starts blinking fast and the blue goes off. Another press of the reset button and the blue light starts blinking again and so on.

I replaced the pinch detector pins and drawer full sensors a year ago (see Litter Robot 3 Keeps Getting Stuck (Help) - #12 by Ebram). Do I need to replace them again? If that were the case, I would be really surprised by how little they last.

Thank you!
Francesco

Here are the pictures

Hello @Francesco ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Have you tried to clean the 2 green circuit boards using isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip to remove any rust or dust from them?

If this didn’t help, the DFI sensor will indeed need to be replaced.

The 3 sets of pins are slightly damaged so recommend ordering a new set of each and replacing them if you start to have a blinking yellow light.

You can cover the pins with petroleum jelly to protect them better.

As for the DFI sensor, the manufacturer has developed a new version of the sensor that’s fully enclosed inside plastic for better protection so it should last longer.

Since your robot is out of warranty, you can order these parts from the following links:

The following videos will show you how to replace them:

Litter-Robot 3 DFI Kit + Pinch Detect Terminals Installation:

How To Replace Bonnet’s Pin:

How To Replace Base’s Pin:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Thank you for your reply, Ebram. I will order the replacement parts which hopefully will last longer than the ones from a year ago.

Cheers,
Francesco

1 Like