Help about a certain brand / type Rotary Encoder

Hello, I am new to the game so excuse the question. I’m making a kinowheels www.kinowheels.com and it is an open source on how to build them. In the instructions it says to get a "incremental rotary encoder 600p/r”. I am of course getting al the other bits on Robotshop.

My question is about the Rotary Encoder 600P/R 2 Channel 6mm (NPN) by ShangHai Mujie Automation Product Code : RB-Smh-06 or here is the link https://www.robotshop.com/en/rotary-encoder-600p-r-2-channel-6mm-npn.html
I asked on RobotShop support page but was told to ask here. Going off the picture there is not a cable attached, but from the spec sheet it states a cable which is great (I hope). However it does not state how many wires there are. My instructions for my build need 4 as that is what the code is written for. Has anyone on here purchased this motor and can tell me how many wires it has?
Also, I want to double check that it is a incremental rotary encoder.

Many thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Scott

Hello @kimberfilm,

I’ve search a little bit online. Since it is a 2 channel encoder, it should have 4 wires (Vcc, GND, Aphase, Bphase). Also check this image from the same product series:

M38S_1

Also, I’ve found that this encoder is replacement for OMRON E6B2 series, KOYO TRD-S series, and NEMICON OSS series, and all of them are incremental encoders.

Probably someone from RobotShop will confirm this.

1 Like

Thankyou so much for this info. I did not even see the colours on the picture.

1 Like