Hello!

Hi guys! I'm new here, but I've been following this website for quite sometime. So I decided to create an account today. Anway, I have multiple robotic projects going on, but I wanted to introduce myself first.

I'm currently a high school senior, but I will be attending Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute fall of this year. I'm planning on majoring in electrical engineering and duel major in computer engineering.

I am an avid Arduino user. I bought my first Arduino board last summer. However, I want to move on and experiment on other microcontrollers like PICs, AVR. I tried PICAXE, but I did not like it too tough.

I'm also an avid vide game and anime fan. My current favorite animes are Naruto, Bleach, Death Note. My fav video games right now are Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, WOW, Halo 3.

That's me in a nutshell. Thank you for reading this little intro post about me.

I got a couple of arduino
I got a couple of arduino projects I really want to sure. they’re not robots, but they will help many roboticist. For example, I learned how to connect the Wii nunchuck to the arduino board. I’ll be posting that tutorial soon.

sweet. I kind of feel left
sweet. I kind of feel left out though. It seems like everyone here is a big fan of PICAXE’s. I’m not too fond of them.

Hey Robot Overlord!We’ve had

Hey Robot Overlord!

We’ve had another Robot_Overlord here half a year ago, but he disapeared, so you’re very welcome as our new one:-P

Do your best, read the forums and ask when you encounter a problem, OK?

Welcome, overlord!- And

Welcome, overlord!

- And though I am one of the Picaxer’s, here’s to you: https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/taxonomy/term/126

I think the main reason for the Picaxe-focus is that we have a start-here tutorial for newbees, made in Picaxe. That gives a lot of newbee-picaxe-focus, naturally.

I made the tutorial, and have wanted to make one featuring Arduino… only I could not make such a “everyone can do this”-kinda thing, because it simply takes more steps to get into Arduino on most levels… But maby you are the guy who can make one simple “start here with Arduino”, so “both sides” can be presented?

Sounds like you’d be a

Sounds like you’d be a perfect fit here!

I’m jealous though, I didn’t get into robotics and microprocessors until waaaay after highschool. All that time I wasted on boys instead of hacking!

Well, Mr.fritsl, looks like

Well, Mr.fritsl, looks like you’ll be seeing Arduino postings from me.

Zanthess, thank you for the compliment. I try to do my best since I’m still a high school student and my resources (MONEY to be specific) are limited.

Boys? What a waist of time.
Boys? What a waist of time. Boys smell funny.

AVR is my chip of choice…
AVR is my chip of choice… so since you enjoy the Arduino environment, you should look into AVR Studio :).