Hello Robot Forum - New member introduction

Hello everyone!

I’m Carlos, I’m a new member of this community. I must confess that it is the first forum that visually (in content) really catches my attention and I’m anxious to participate in it :exploding_head:.

I am a Electronics Engineering student. I am convinced that create robotic systems will overcome any existing boundary.

My background is in Robotics, I have designed and implemented full software stacks. Some of them are vision and sensor based localization to perform SLAM. Object recognition with data obtained from a RGB-D camera. Data was processed with the PCL library applying Euclidean clustering and SVM. Finally, I really like the power and the opportunities deep learning is offering to us. I have applied semantic segmentation to solved the follow me problem with Tensorflow and Keras.

Currently, I am working on modelling a quadrotor in Gazebo. Also, in deep neural network solutions for control systems design.

I really enjoy to learn about any topic of robotics. Work with hardware its the most incredible (sometimes frustrating ) thing to do, build things, watch them working or just doing something with no sense, it is the best feeling you can ever have.

Thanks for reading guys :smiley:

Hope to see you around!

3 Likes

Welcome @RoboCS

That’s a really nice background! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Carlos!

Welcome to the forum.
Glad to see you around.

1 Like

Hi @RoboCS,
Welcome :slight_smile: