Hello. I have some noob questions

Hello all,

I found this site while looking through instructables. I have a found a ton of useful information already and have even made my own start here robot! I do have some questions though. I have a current project with three motors. Two I need to go forward and backward so I used the same setup as the start here robot. The third is a little pump powered by a different battery. How do I hook this up to the 28 board? Do I split the v and gnd wires in two and run one pair to the board and the other pair to the battery? Will the bigger battery fry my board or chip? Also i have four additional servos as well. Will I need an another power supply for all of that hardware? Thank you for the help.

What are the stats on this

What are the stats on this ‘bigger battery’ for the pump? At minimum you’ll need a transistor to drive the pump motor from the PICAXE, take a look at this simple circuit.
Are you using 4 AA’s for the rest of the bot?

The extra servos will run fine on the batteries you’ve got already, although you could add another set in parallel to double your battery life.

Fritsl put together a very

Fritsl put together a very nice explanation of the Picaxe project board:

https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/75

It explains how the power and ground pins are laid out on the board. You can run a separate V1 and V2 supply, which may be of help for you.

The batt is 9.6v 600mah. I
The batt is 9.6v 600mah. I got the pump from an electric water gun. It isn’t high performance and I think it’s slghtly bigger than a standard dc motor. But the batt only lasts like 15 min just powering the pump so I’d like to keep that motor on it’s own power supply.

lolwat, you got 2 accounts

lolwat, you got 2 accounts there Ian?

In any case, a transistor circuit like the one above will happily work even if the motor circuit is on its own power source, just connect the grounds together and have the big battery only connected to the big motor.

Haha no actually. My little
Haha no actually. My little brother just got an lmr account and I guess he used my computer cause it’s on the default you know or he logged into my account… Who knows he got yelle at either way. :smiley: