Guidance on what system would be best for demonstrations

I need put together a kit conveyor plus robotic picker arm to demo a custom application. My software does visual anomaly detection and is intended for manufacturing facilities.

I need to make a portable demo kit that can easily fit on a table top. It would have a mini conveyor system and a robotic arm that would be able to pick an object off the conveyor once my software detects an anomaly.

So i would appreciate any guidance on what would be good cost effective components to use for this application. My hope would be the the robot picker would already have software that allows me to feed it via API some information about which item to pick (perhaps sequence number) from the conveyor, but the robot software would already know about the workspace and have the ability to find the item and pick it up.

1 Like

Hi @rsincavage and welcome to our forum.

First thing that comes to my mind is Dobot Magician Robotic Arm together with Conveyor Belt Kit and Vision Kit (but there are more add-ons available).

You can see these products here:

You can see how it works here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4zLRG6OX70

I would say it is cost effective, small in dimensions and also Python API is available.

Let me know your opinion.

To elaborate on the previous reply, there are several robot arm suppliers which have conveyor belts including Rotrix, Wlkata, Niryo, uFactory, Lynxmotion, Hiwonder and of course Dobot above. In order to choose a robot arm + conveyor, you’d need an idea of your total budget, as well as the reach, payload and precision needed by the arm. You are correct that not all robot arms have an open API.

1 Like