Greetings from RoboDays 09

Hi everybody :)

I was invited to exhibit on the annual RoboDays, in Odense, Denmark this year

It was quite cool, because I got to meet so many of the youtube-famous robots (and their builders) out there. Some shown in the video, but of course I did not have time to go around and film a lot, having my own stand (and 500 kids wanting to touch stuff and drive cars into each other)..

I should have made some really fast 1:10 scale robot wall racers, but the Maxbotics sensors that I should have used (thanks for the tip, Del) is still stuck in the mail.

So I entered with the "good old wall racers", and 2 remote cars of same make, so people could drive the remote controlled against (or towards mostly) the robots. I also threw in a few other robots to make a mess.

A big hi to everyone I met :D

Robot builders ARE really the same breed; Nice, cool intelligent, creative, friendly people. It is undoubtly the safest way I know to make sure that people I meet are allright, no matter from where on the globe, no matter everything else; You make robots? You are cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G94uQ0ZMkmg

I’m jealous! Very cool!(the

I’m jealous! Very cool!

(the first link you posted, to the site, links to letsmakerobots.com/robodays.com, that’s not a real page Fritsy!:D)

It’s fascinating to see what ideas some people can come up with… and execute… haha the kitty scooper… talk about lazy! (but then again who likes cleaning a kitty litter box.) Woot, hopefully LMR will be hosting events like this someday soon. :smiley:

Thanks, link fixed :)And I

Thanks, link fixed :slight_smile:

And I actually met perhaps 10 LMR members on my stand :slight_smile:

Looks really cool Frits! And

Looks really cool Frits! And now you are on video, the SYF on LMR video club or something like that. Fun to see your bots running around, especially Little Drum Machine meeting many.

I recognize some of the bots, KeepOn, the snake, but many more too.

Yeah, Zoro has thrown the
Yeah, Zoro has thrown the mask, I am sure Rik will make a big thing out of it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

**Please post when and where the **
next one in the USA is. I wanna go!

Good show! I like the idea
Good show! I like the idea of an event calender on LMR

Memorable day indeed

That I get to live this day: Frits in the SYFLV Club. Frits posting in his blog period. What a great event, those Robodays are!

And how cute is the combo of YDM with Keepon!?! I’d like to see more footage of that.

Very Cool

Great video! There were a lot of recognizable robots there, and many I probably would have never seen otherwise.

Good work.

Biggest cool robot event

Biggest cool robot event here is probably Robogames http://www.robogames.net/

Robots.net has a list of many events worldwide, but sadly not the one Frits is at, hope it can be added.

http://robots.net/rcfaq.html

so thats what god looks like
so thats what god looks like :p. No really, very cool. I see your wall racers came out nice.

Even though age is not a big

Even though age is not a big thing, have must admit I had to reduce my former age estimate of you (based on your avatar) by 10 years after seeing the video of you…:-p

The asians with the big wheeled snake, they weren’t too thrilled by YDM hammering on their metal monster where they?

Anyway, I totally agree, I have yet to meet a robot builder that’s a moron.

I will definitely go to this
I will definitely go to this show next year. Just 200km from my home.