Give my Interactive Visualization Web Tool for Robotic Learning a Try

Hi all, this is my first post on Robot Shop Community, a little nervous. I am a Digital IC designer in Taiwan. Recently, I started studying Robotics by myself, but I’ve been frustrated by the math involved, including Euler angles, Quaternions, and DH models. They were just introduced in Chapter 1. I think the mathematics are too difficult for the average person to understand, and I wish there were a visualization website that could demonstrate the concepts of each transformation method or robotic modeling approach.

Consequently, I developed VisRo, a website focused on visualizing robotic learning. I wrote version 0.1.0 of the website this weekend. Currently, it features visualizations of:

• Translation and Rotation
  • Euler Angles
  • Quaternions
  • Homogeneous Translation
  • Classic DH Parameters
  • Modified DH Parameters

You can not only tune the parameters and see the results immediately, but there is also step-by-step animation from the initial stage to the final stage.

I plan to add more visualization views, including inverse kinematics and dynamics, to help students learn robotics more efficiently. However, I’m not sure if what I’ve done is the best solution for learning robotics. I need your advice on what I can do on the website to help people learn robotics faster.

Feel free to check out the website and give me advice. Thanks very much for your advice.
VisRo: https://vis-ro.web.app/

1 Like

Hi @darrenyaoyao and welcome to our forum!

If this website was created in such a short period of time, I am impressed :slight_smile:

I tried using it now, and it looks cool. Maybe you could create a short YouTube video tutorial for this?

Also, you could introduce an option where I can choose which robot model I want to see (Boston Dynamics Stop as default one). This will be helpful for sure.