Gift for LMR Mr.Basic Buyers

Sounds everybody is waiting for my good news.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>But firstly I want to say sorry for all problems comes with Mr.Basic.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p></o:p>And explain what happened. <o:p></o:p>Intially our structual engineer had came arross such a problem of axle, and he asked the supplier to resend correct-spec ones, but without informing the Packing Department. <o:p></o:p>Unfortunately before the correct ones arrived, the Packing Department have packed all Mr.Basics.<o:p></o:p>Worse more, after the holiday, nobody mentioned anything to me, just asked me to send them to Taiwan.<o:p></o:p>It is such a bad experience that we should be carefully in each step of all projects.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>Every LMR Mr.Basic buyers who had problems can write to me, let me know what parts are missing or not working, then I will resend all required parts to you.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>Besides, everybody who ordered a Mr. Basic Promo edition (both those that works and those that did not) will get a free Mouse Robot as a gift. <o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>As I sorted out all mentioned parts, I will send them along with the gift next week.

good show!

Well, that’s very decent of you. I’ll start assembling Mr Basic as soon as possible to see if any parts are missing or wrong.

Thanx Claudia!

Yes, that’s extremely

Yes, that’s extremely decent, thank you very much!

I attach a picture with numbers to make it easier to talk about this stuff :slight_smile:

Billede_37.png

My version had problems with

1: The cogs does not touch each other (So the front wheels are not turning)
3: The 4 connectors makes the axles bend, so it is hard to turn (This is a minor thing though, maby that is just how the design is)
7: The 4 axles are unusable, the wheels fall off

This is so good news

This is so good news Claudia! Thank you and thank you DAGU for your efforts!

I still haven’t the time to asemble the kit, will try to do it very soon!

Just to make sure that 1 is
Just to make sure that 1 is indeed an error: Did you put the washer on the axle and tighten the nut until it could not be tightened any further? I thought there was a problem with mine here also but found out that I only needed to tighten the nut and then the front wheel crown gears were pulled into the cog.

Hmm you may be right!Because

Hmm you may be right!

Because I could not get the brass thing on, and My nuts wouldnt screw because of a bad shaft :smiley: (twss, I know)

I have edited my posting, thanks.

One of the best TWSS’s we’ve
One of the best TWSS’s we’ve had in months Fritsl. Good one.

smirk
ha! that’s hilarious! LOLOLOLOLOL

**Yer, that was funny, in all modesty :slight_smile: **

Yer, that was funny, in all modesty :slight_smile:

Comming to think about it, it’s actually a TWIS! :smiley:

However, we really should have another official LMR TWSS month soon!

Open e-mail to Claudia

Here is a copy of the e-mail I just sent to Claudia/Dagu.

Hello Claudia,

First of all: thank you to Dagu for generously offering replacement parts and an extra mouse kit for all LMR members who bought a Mr Basic. Very much appreciated.

If you could please send me the following parts (I am referring to the numbers in the manual https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/files/Mr.BASIC-1_Page_3.jpg):
- rear axles with crown gear (# 8 in the manual): 2 pieces
- front axles with crown gear (# 7): 2 pieces
- some extra M3 nuts to replace the ones I might have damaged (# 19): about 8 or 10 pieces

About the motor gear (# 3): it’s described as D2.5 L24. And they are. But some of use are having trouble connecting these with the single pinion (# 4) using the joints (# 5). I think it could all be resolved if the motor gear shafts (# 3) would be a bit longer. Maybe 25.5 or 26 mm long.

If you happen to have these gears with longer shaft in them, I’d love to give them a try.
If you have them, even if the are longer than 26 mm, I would still be interested. I’ll take of any excess myself. I would need 4 of them to replace them all.

I just spent 20 minutes reassembling the drive train on one side of the vehicle, after I took it apart to measure the parts. It would be so much easier if the joints (# 5) would make a tighter fit around the shafts they are joining. The inner diameter is off by .2 or .3 mm.
Should you have better precision joints in stock, I would like 4 of those as well.

Thank you again,
Regards,
Rik