Get the most out of LMR

It’s ok to be a lurker, but those who get the most out of LMR actively share projects, news, videos and more. So what goes where?

• SHOUTBOX: The shout box (SB) is just for fun and a place to get to know members. Don't expect extensive troubleshooting in the shoutbox; if you really need help, consider asking on the LMR forum instead.

• TOPTIPS: Have tips or guides to share and want to help others with what you know? This is the place to share it!

• ROBOTS: If you’re working on or have finished a robot project and want to share it with the world, post it under “Robots”. Make sure you have at least a picture of your work in progress. If you don't have more than an idea or concept, create a blog post to start. If you're not sure where to start or need help, create a forum post.

• SOMETHING ELSE: Did you make something else that might not be entirely related to robots which you would like to share with other members? Share it in this section.

• BLOGS: Write in your public blog.

• REVIEWS: Want to share your opinion / experience with a product? We’d love to hear it. LMR occasionally even sends out products free for certain members interested in reviewing them.

• CHALLENGES: You’re welcome to create a challenge or participate on ones which other members or companies have set up. Read the details for each contest to know the details.

• FORUMS: Forums get the most back and forth discussions between members; ask questions, get and give feedback, post ideas and more.

What about the content?

Please check our guidelines on How To Create The Best Content Possible For LMR?

• BE DESCRIPTIVE:  The more information you provide, the better the community can quickly understand what you’re posting and why. A subject line "Help" doesn’t help members understand what you want.
  • MEDIA: Try to take good pictures and videos; make sure there is plenty of light on your robot, with as few other objects around as possible. 
  • SPAM / ADS: We encourage linking to sites where members can find products and/or information for their projects, but don’t spam the site with ads for your store or products. The site is not meant to be a marketing platform, so if your objective of joining is to sell something, LMR is not the right place for you.

Is there anything to avoid?

• LANGUAGE: Stuff written in h4ck3r will not be found or understood easily by others, so it's just waste of space, so avoid "txt spk" or "1ee7 5p3ak". Also, DO NOT SHOUT IN YOUR POSTS (by using only capital letters like that), please write in normal capitalization. Do not use profanity (swear words), obscene language or material, insults or personal attacks.
  • GETTING TOO PERSONAL: If you disagree with someone, do so professionally. If you find yourself becoming involved in a heated argument/discussion, it's probably best not to post anything and sleep on it rather than risk breaking a rule.

The Terms and Conditions document has all the details so take a look every so often and stay up to date with changes.

If you've found that someone else has breached the terms and conditions, please provide a link to the material, a description of what rule was broken as well as a screenshot of the page and then contact us via the LMR contact us form. If the content was modified or removed before a moderator is able to verify the report, LMR will still keep a note of it on the user's file, though the member will only be contacted and notified of the report at the discretion of LMR staff.

Let's Make Robots uses a 3 strike warning system for content / conduct such as spamming, using profanity, or personal attacks. LMR moderators may temporarily block anyone found to be in breach. The blocked member will then be contacted via email in order to ask further questions. The account will be reactivated after 2 (working) days on the first strike, 5 (working) days on the second strike and after 3 strikes the account will remain blocked.

You are a very talented person and welcome to the community! If you have questions or comments about anything posted above, add a comment below.

Purchased first Robot kit for my son

My son and our neighbors son just got involved with their middle school robotics club.  I just purchased my first robot kit for them to try and build together.  It is a simple robotic arm.   Interesed to see how it turns out.  I will try and post some info about it when I can.