Fortune Box

Fortune box

I just read the posting about the fantastic "Dadaist poetry box". Great!
This inspired me to post my less intelectual "fortune box"

It is quite the same thing but the lyrics and pieces of text are stored on an SD-card as a ".txt"-File.
This allows an easy and comfortable storage of many text-blocks. So I could download and convert huge amount of text from the linux-package "fortune" in all languages sorted by topic and kind of humor.
I added separators "#" between each chunk of text.

A challenge in C for me is the conversion of different variable types. It's a pitty! Give me Phyton on Arduino;-)

The next challenge is to retrieve the last poem printed on the SD-card after intentional or unintended power-off.
The actueal reading position on the SD-card is stored in an other file on the SD-card and evaluated at startup.

The next steps are
- buying thermopaper
- acitvating the RTC I attached to the Arduino to print actual birthdays
- acitvating the I2C-Temperature sensor for printing the Max-Min-Temperature of the previous day.

Thank you alegiaco for your inspiring posting!
You created an new Robot-Type?!!

Serves fortunes on thermalpaper

• Actuators / output devices: thermalprinter
  • CPU: Atmega 328 Ardduino nano
  • Operating system: Arduino
  • Power source: 5V
  • Programming language: C++
  • Target environment: indoor

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/fortune-box

Produce many small rare

Produce many small rare things and there will be demand

You are on to something here! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_scarcity

Like in game pets and mounts, which are created by flipping some bits in a database and cost $10 to $25.

Thank you for the right

Thank you for the right name! The german wiki is even more than twice the lenght8-)

Many robots are sweat and cuddlesome or full of humorous and funny movements. Perhaps artificial scarcity (AS!) is another way to get an robot accepted? Or get sold! But a coke vending machine isn’t a robot, isn’t it? But coke is not scarcity. But train tickets are!

P.

Very good job man!Alegiaco

Very good job man!

Alegiaco