Flowbotics Studio has stopped working - error

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Happens on two totally different computers.

Flowbotics Studio

Uninstalled and reloaded Flowbotics Studio, over three times, then went to a second computer. Same problem.

Went to second computer and the problem was there too. Then it started up long enough for me to work on a project and then I closed the app and on relaunch the problem is back. It shows up instantly upon launching the app. Then after waiting a while it started working again. Had to close the program for something else and it would not launch. Tried many times to launch, it seems like it crashes after two to three seconds of the spinning Windows timer, after clicking to launch. Then I unplugged my Wi-Fi usb adapter and it launched. But then broke again. The first computer does not have wifi.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hey @Green!
Welcome to the RobotShop community!

The intermittent nature of the issue you describes seems to indicate something else is causing interference with FBS (FlowBotics Studio) that is running on your computers. This further seems to be the case since the software can and does run at times properly.

As you may be able to imagine it would be quite difficult to determine what interactions are causing this issue without any other data. This is especially true if we cannot reproduce the issue (we can’t). I have a strong feeling it is tied to something else that is happening on both of your computers. Could be as simple as a security suite/software doing something funky or a spyware or virus causing this problem. Or really any other software doing something that causes FBS to crash.

The best recommendation I can offer would be to use a software like HijackThis to gather information on both computers and post on an IT support forum such as Bleeping Computer for assistance. Do make sure to read the recommendations about posting about a problem to make sure you obtain help quickly.

Sincerely,

I got a little more data from my last attempt to launch this program, maybe it would help.

Unfortunately those are only data dumps for Microsoft and not exactly useful for us.
What may be useful would be a dump from FBS of the state of the software when the error happen.

You can find error dumps in the folder %AppData%\FlowBotics. Simply go there and look for dump (.dmp) and error log (.txt) files. You can then compress those files (ZIP?) and attach them here.

This being said, it is unusual that you did not receive an error pop-up from the software itself to send an error report (from FBS, not Windows/Microsoft). This would indicate the failing completely stopped the app (including error handling) instead of the app actually crashing.

Sincerely,

FlowBotics.exe(1).11744.zip (182.3 KB)

Here’s my latest .dmp.
I did not see any .txt files.

Thanks for for the file.
We’ll have a look and see if we can determine the root cause from this dump.
We’ll get back to you early next week.

OK, sounds good.

The solution seems to be this.