First time project - Low RPM motor that is adjustable, for a 'baby bouncer'

Hello everyone!

First time project, never really made anything with motors before but I build and wire campervans and can solder and make stuff!

I want to build a very simple ‘baby bouncer’ for my brother-in-law.

I need a low rpm (30-100 RPM range) that is adjustable so I can set the speed.
I want to power it off a battery, but I guess this will depend on the motor itself.

Very simple project, motor + battery + controller mounted on a small piece of wood.
Motor output will have an ‘L rod’ attached to the output shaft that I can connect to the ‘top’ of the baby bouncer with a strap or cord or wire, and it will rotate and bounce!

I could do with some suggestions on what I should be looking at, there are so many different types of motors i don’t know where to begin!

This one is based on Arduino. Codes and circuit diagrams are open.

Personally I found the sound annoying. Let’s see if anyone can suggest something smarter.

And in case you want to make a PCB for your project, you can try at home .

Hi, thanks for replying.

Yes I have seen this video. I could go down that route but I want to keep it really simple and compact.

All I need is a power source, a motor, and a potentiometer to adjust the motor speed, don’t need to use Arduino or Pi or any kind of coding.

I don’t know how to pick a suitable electric motor and pair it with a suitable potentiometer that will result in something that turns between 30-100 RPM. That’s what I need help with…