Fire Fighting Robot motor problem

20130720_114139.jpg

Hello!

I am working on a Fire fighting Robot(Using a Picaxe 28x1) and successfully completed the navigation test, after that I went on to work on the fan (A motor with a propeller) that would put out the fire, but I couldn't get it to work; after a little research online, I understood that I required a darlington to make fan work, I did NOT use a Darlington as I "replaced" it with a 330 ohm resistor array as I used a servo (which controls the movement of the neck that moves the Distance Sensor). That's when I came across Yellow Drum Machine(www.letsmakerobots.com/node/1050) and I noticed how Mr. Frits used a L293D to control the Motor which acts as a neck! I decided to implement this Idea in my Robot but it doesn't seem to work. I used the same Test Code that was Attached.  I am unable to figure out what I have NOT done correctly. Can someone please help me out? Thank you! :)

PS If there is a way to use both the Servo and the Fan, please do let me know. Thank you!

To control the fan in an ON/OFF manner,

You only need to use 1/4 of the chip’s (L293) circuits. As an example, connect the fan positive to output 1 of the L293 and the ground of the fan to ground. To turn the fan on/off simply write a HIGH/LOW to input 1 of the chip. The ENABLE pins are already held HIGH.

If the image that you have at the top of this post is the circuit you are using, and, it is an L293 that is hanging out by itself at the lower right, I will tell you that it can’t be connected properly to make it function.