Fanuc LR Mate 200iB 5P, SRVO-053 and SRVO-050 Errors

I have a robot that has started to show excessive vibration and throwing frequent SRVO-050 COLLISION DETECT and SRVO-053 EXCESS DISTURBANCE errors. It is also emitting a “ratcheting” sound when J2 is actuated.

In normal operation, the robot has a somewhere between 50-90% chance of completing its program cycle without throwing one of the above errors.

I used the TP to manually move the joints and discover that J2 was the culprit, but in the process I found that J2 would move down (with gravity) but when I asked it to move against gravity it threw the SRVO-050 error. I disabled COLLISION GUARD but it did allow the joint to move against gravity.

I am almost certain this a mechanical failure (bearings or harmonic drive maybe), but I have 2 questions:

1. Why did I still see the COLLISION DETECT error when COLLISION GUARD was disabled?
  2. Why can the robot make it through its program cycle (sometimes) but it is not able to move J2 against gravity when using TP?

Additional info:

The TP shows the max torque for J2 to be 4.460 and the max/min disturbance torque is 6.000/-6.000, respectively.

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure what this error could be related to since I don’t know the robot.
But please, feel free to post a video of the robot and the error.

Also, I manage to find this forum post on the subject: https://www.robot-forum.com/robotforum/fanuc-robot-support-forum/srvo-050-alarm-with-no-actual-collision/

Let me know if this help.

Hello Friend ,

There can be more than one issue. I found this answer on this forum … Take a look . I hope may be it is helpful…