Edgebot Mini-sumo

Well this is my first partial success building robots, my symet did not work :P and I am still trying to figure out what is wrong with it:P I got the book from Mark tilden and I tried to build it as per specifications, but i did not have at hand the same parts. I used 2 Hobbyking servos for motors and two mini relay for "brains" I was really happy when it first started running forward and it seems to have some good strength to push (see video) but My problem is that the edge detection sensor do not work, I made the realy twice and tried to check and twitch every connection. Afterwards I checked a single relay and it seems that the voltage is too low to activate the reverse mode :P Anyway I ordered new parts from SOlarbotics I will post ASAP regards EZ

Mini Sumo, push things around

• Actuators / output devices: 2 servos
  • Control method: two relays
  • Power source: 9v battery
  • Target environment: Sumo Dohjo

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/edgebot-mini-sumo

cheers!

awesome! i like it, welocme to LMR! cheers!

Thanks a lot, I am waiting

Thanks a lot, I am waiting for more parts to build other small robots. I am considering to use some better sensors for theedge detection

What is that black thing? In

What is that black thing? In the video?

You mean on top of it?? is a

You mean on top of it?? is a piece of lead that increases the traction when it is on top of the wheels

Hello everyone,I pudated

Hello everyone,

I pudated yesterday my edgebot’s brain :smiley: and now it is working perfectly :smiley: I added two edge detection sensors and it has new 5v relays and now I am using a 9v batery

Mind sharing a schematic?

Mind sharing a schematic? Would be really interesting to see how you did it!

THis is the basic edgebot

THis is the basic edgebot from Junkbots, bugbots book(Tilden et al), all the schematics are in there. Unfortunatelly I have the kindle version and is rather difficult to “copy & paste” from it :stuck_out_tongue:

Darn! You beat me to it!I

Darn! You beat me to it!

I just got all my parts and planning on building two tomorrow!

Now I got an idea of what it’ll do! Great stuff!

depending on the motor you

depending on the motor you have I owuld advice you to put the relays on the bottom part, close to the sensors and batery on top of the motor to have more traction