E-Wall

this is a plan/design/idea/i don’t know what i am doing. this is my very first robot plan. so if you could help me in any way please do. i am planning on using a Picaxe 28x1 or whatever the starter one is. please comment supportivley!

just walks around aimlessley…

• Control method: autonomous
  • CPU: Picaxe 28x1
  • Programming language: Basic
  • Target environment: indoor flat surfaces

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/e-wall

yeah yeah…

i know the name is not creative. so just don’t mention it

Haha, E-Wall… mentioning

Haha, E-Wall… mentioning it.

Are you building the starter robot for this? It looks that’s what it is (minus the treads). Are you going to do it straight up like the tutorial, or will you be modifying it some to ‘make it your own’?

kind of both if u catch my drift :smiley:

Yep, I do. I’m doing the

Yep, I do. I’m doing the same thing. I’ll be building the basic “Start Here” robot, then adding onto it a little to expand my learning. I’ll start out with doing wheels, but treads look cool, so they will be a future addon for a project.

After I get Start Here working, I’ll be modifying it to seek dark places. He’ll be like a little vampire bot :stuck_out_tongue:

lol

lol. a vampire bot would be awesome. on another subject… my dad is against the idea of me making robots!!! GASP!

Robots…ROCK!

AGAINST? Hmph. Bad dad, bad
AGAINST? Hmph. Bad dad, bad dad, go sit in the corner.

looks to me like that design

looks to me like that design has only one servo…where are the other two servos for the wheels?

also, where will you put the battery pack?

what about axles for the additional wheels in the thread-belt?

i didn’t think it through
i didn’t think it through yet. i was rushed “lets go shopping honey!!!” i will post new plan shortly.

Robots…ROCK!

new plan. picaxe 28x1 got cut off. it only says picaxe 28

Robots…ROCK!

At the moment I think he’s
At the moment I think he’s gonna be a bit back heavy with those proportions. Realistically he’s gonna be a bit longer I think.

yeah.

yeah, i think he is. i might get rid of the "shelf" and just put the battery next to the board. thanks for the feed back!

Robots…ROCK!

I have some BAD news

My father is not letting me build this robot. he says we should get a-dare i say- KIT so i know where the stuff goes. i fought for my right to build my planned robot, but he refused! i know most of you know that it’s just not the same if you get a kit. you won’t feel the rush of your original code doing what it was meant to do. I won’t feel the rush of creating robotic life! ;( so as it turns out, sadly, this will be my second robot. ;(

Robots…ROCK!

Tell your dad that this is a

Tell your dad that this is a KIT: https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/17

And read the "Best practice" on the frontpage :wink: (Rock)

Thanks!

thanks man! this rocks!

Robots…ROCK!

cool

sweet! that convinced him! thanks fritsl!!!

Robots…ROCK!

UPDATED DESIGN COMING again…

there will be a new design without treads. why? treads are $40!!! EACH!!! i will later do an E-Wall 2.0 with treads. for now, he is just a "Start Here" robot. but he will have something extra… find out once i am done!

Robots…ROCK!

here it is!

the new plan is the picture now. CHECK IT OUT!!! also, don’t complain,“it’s not balanced!!!” because it just looks that way the way i drew it.

Robots…ROCK!

Haha, don’t complain about

Haha, don’t complain about it not being balanced? :stuck_out_tongue:

You can find treads a LOT cheaper than $40, so if you wanna do it with treads, go for it!

Here’s a pair that’s pretty cheap.

http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H2028.html

It’s $10, plus shipping to whereever you are. They aren’t shipping today or tomorrow though, cause they are moving offices, so it might be a day or three before they are able to do much with your order.

thats a good thing and a bad thing…

it’s good because i can stick with my original plan! yay!!! it’s bad because i have to do the plan AGAIN. ugh! oh well. i will do it in sketch up.

Robots…ROCK!