E.I.T. - The way of the Martians (Work in progress)

A Failure is only one solution which wasn’t right
That is 100% correct, as I see it a failure is only one solution which didn’t work, from failure comes succes, and you can’t know one without knowing the other that’s an universal truth.

Don’t know

Don’t know if I hate being told I will do something, because in my world of thougt nobody existing in this universe can predict what will be done, they can theories and to some extend try and make a conclusion from what they know, but then again that depends on the things in the theory functioning under the rules under which the theory is made.

All physics/philosophy aside (could keep that going all day and night) if by saying “you will do this”, as a command og indirect command, or statement of what i should do or an ultimatum of what to do, then yes thats as bad as telling me what I can or can not do.

Damm now my mind switched to chaos-theory thinking, to many thought system overload, think I’ll just co back to my Tripod drawings.

Yea I’m wird I know it, now you know it :slight_smile:

That got me thinking… I

That got me thinking… I wonder if memory wire, like Nitinol, could be used? Apply current and the wire would go limp and become flexible, drop current and the wire would return to it’s initial shape and become rigid. It could provide the very flexible wavy legs like in the movie. I have no idea how much current is required for the wires to become limp or how much weight the wire could support when rigid. It may be possible to bind several pieces of wire and have them move in unison. Maybe the wire could be put inside a flexible piece of rubber, like a marine antenna, to provide more rigidity and weight bearing capability. Just a thought.

Some Nitinol products:

http://www.imagesco.com/catalog/nitinol/index.html

Lifting a leg
I can see it, but I just don’t see how you’re going to left a leg to move it.

Oh no!

Oh no, you should NEVER have showed me that prototype in lego! Now you made me want to build a tripod in lego as well :-). Anybody up for tripod racing? :smiley:

I’m looking forward to seeing this in action!

And remember… a tripod is only half a hexapod… so it must be half as hard to do as a hexapod, no? :wink:

The Tricky part
Lifting the legs without the whole thing falling is definetly the most tricky part of this Robot, but as written have some ideas, I’ll try and see if I can skeetch them og simulate them somehow, maybe I can build a virtual prototype in Garry’s Mod a Source Engine Game, but could be realy hard but have seen people do more tricky things with that game

Definetly up for racing

Definetly up for a Tripod race when E.I.T v.1 is build and able to walk.

Could be interesting to build one in LEGO, but I would not advice using mindstorm as brain it’s to heavy and you limited by how many motors you can use, and the motors are too clumsy

But but but… I want to

But but but… I want to build it in lego! :-D.

No I guess using standard servo motors would be much easier since the lego “servo” motors are not really servo motors but rather dc motors with encoders. It would be a pain to do the book keeping on the encoders if I was not to use the NXT brick for brains. Also it would be kind of expensive to get all the lego motors anyway :slight_smile:

Anyway… I have another lego project going on right now (where I’m actually going to go through the pain of book keeping of the encoders), so tripod will have to wait :slight_smile:

BTW. you do know that the NXT can talk to I2C devices, right? It’s no so limited as many people think and it could easily control as many motors as you’d like it to given you build some extra I2C motor controller with additional power.

Cheers

Its been a long time. Did

Its been a long time. Did you finish this project?

We (LMR) sure would like to see it running around!

Just make it walk using Lego’s, if you haven’t finished it.

Be motivated!!!