Drawer full / Litter-Robot III

Hello,

Since yesterday, the drawer is always « full » after each usage but it’s not at all. Since I got the Litter-Robot, I noticed that it’s full after 3 days, but I emptied it yesterday morning and now I still get the notification that it’s full. And when I reset the gauge, even if I let a cycle be done, it directly says drawer full.

Thanks for your help and let me know if you need further information from me :slight_smile:

Have a nice day,

Elsa

Hi @ElsaStoo and welcome to our forum.

Based on your description, probably sensor needs to be cleaned up an re-calibrated.

Please go through these steps: Litter Robot III Connect - Blue Blinking Light

Morning :slight_smile: and thank you for replying !

I was thinking there must be a sensor somewhere but can’t find it. I don’t remember seeing anything about it in the papers received with the box. I might take a look again.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Wish you a nice day !

Elsa

1 Like

Hey @ElsaStoo !

Yes, there is a sensor down there in the base.

This blog could help you also: https://community.robotshop.com/blog/show/litter-robot-differences-between-dfi-sensors

I have the same problem. I have clearned everything carefully and turned the machine on and off repeatedly. I also tried re-calibrating the laser and that has not fixed the problem either. When I insert my phone camera in to examine it from the bottom of the drawer, I am told that I ought to be able to see four lights on the left hand side, blinking at one-second intervals. I can only see three lights blinking . This suggests to me that I may need a replacement part. Can you let me know if this part is available and if this is something that I can install at ahome?

Hello @ahandley,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Litter-Robot.

According to your description of seeing 3 blinking lights, this means that you have the IR version of the DFI sensor, not the LASER one so the calibration wouldn’t work with you.

Do you get a fast blinking yellow light when you press “Reset” or it’s only blue blinking light?

Please provide us with your order number to check your warranty status.

Sincerely,

Thanks Ebram.

I dont get a yellow light when I hit reset. When I hit reset it reverts to a steady blue light as it ought to, but as soon as it is reused again, I get the blue blinking light although the drawer is not full.
Re order no, Im not sure if this is the right number:
|Litter Robot III Open Air Automatic Self-Cleaning|
|Item # ‌1093848‌|
We ordered it via Costco in 2017 so I suspect it is no longer under warranty.
Let me know if that is not the order number and if I can find it somewhere else

Hello @ahandley,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, we couldn’t find you on the system with this number.

If you recall ordering the robot with an extended warranty you should search for the invoice because this way you might be still under warranty.

If not, then you can simply order this defective part and easily replace it at home.

Here’s the link to order the DFI sensor from it:

This video will show you how to replace it:

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Thanks for this, Ebram. As I said I ordered it from Costco and so I have the email invoice from them. I just found another order no listed on that invoice:

The order was placed on 11/12/2017. Can you tell from these details if it is still under warranty?

This number didn’t work either.

Please send us a copy of Costco invoice.

Happy to do that. Can you send me an email adress I should use?

You can send it through this link:
[email protected]

Thanks - done.

We have received the email will reply to you there.

Thank you.