Do you think that you could make a robot Umbreon?

I know how people have made a robot jolteon but do you think it could be possible to make dog sized robot of umbreon with full functioning legs and claws does anyone have any ideas? I have always wanted to do this but never had the knowledge or never really thought I could but if someone could give me ideas or steer me in the correct direction I would be super happy.

1 Like

Hi @Inky and welcome to our forum!

I didn’t know what Jolteon and Umbreon are, so I did a quick Google search and I see these are Pokemons :slight_smile:

You are correct, there is a Jolteon robot made: Robot Gets A Life-Sized Pokemon Costume For Halloween | Hackaday

But as I see, this is just a costume for a robot, so I guess you could use the same approach?

You can see here which quadruped robots RobotShop sells: https://www.robotshop.com/collections/legged-robots?pf_t_shop_by_category=category%3AQuadruped+Robots

You can choose one based on the size you want and how much money you want to spend. Then, you can start designing the costume, which I guess could be made of 3D printed parts.

In any case, this can be a very fun project!

Ok so I thank you for the advice but I am going to say no thank you as I have done my research now ofc I have been doing it because that is not what I want as I am making my own robot desiging it from scratch I am currently gathering the tools I need and going to be shapping the parts out of tpe and I am going to be making a fully functional robot from scratch.
Thank you for the suggestion but I have a plan well under way.
Inky Nico

1 Like

Hi @Inky ,

Thank you for your reply.

That sounds like a great plan!

We would love to see your robot presented in our Robots section: Robots | RobotShop Community