Do I Specifically Need to Use the BotBoarduino Board to Control my SES-V2 Arm?

I have the LSS-ADA USB-C controller board for my arm and tried to use male pin extenders to make it into a makeshift shield for my ATMEGA2560 arduino board. Physically everything looks okay (every pin hole on the LSS board filled with the pin extenders and all of those go into their corresponding ports(?) on the arduino) but after uploading code to the arduino nothing happens with the arm.

I’ve been using this code: https://github.com/Lynxmotion/LSS_Library_Arduino/blob/master/examples/LSS_Configure_Once/LSS_Configure_Once.ino

Do I need to use the board specifically made to work with it, or is there a way to use my current board without having to buy a new one?

If you’re using the LSS_Configure_Once code, it’s just a configuration example. The arm should not move. Note that the LSS_Library_Arduino is for a specific servo motor as opposed to an entire arm. What would you like the code to do?

Do I need to use the board specifically made to work with it, or is there a way to use my current board without having to buy a new one?

You don’t need to buy a new one. The BotBoarduino is a normal shield-compatible Arduino-based microcontroller.

What do you want the code you will develop to do?

2 Likes

I was hoping to be able to choreograph some animations for the arm, pick something up nearby and place it back down, hold a sign, stuff like that. As for the config example I should have been more observant with the code’s function

@pope_pontius Sounds good. If you have the LSS Adapter, you can experiment first using FlowArm to create sequences. As for Arduino programming, you’ll need to implement an inverse kinematics equation. You can either use the LSS Library for Arduino, or the LSS protocol directly.

2 Likes